cMT Series HMI offers flexible and versatile functions which allow multiple users to control an HMI at the same time, to help ensure system safety by preventing an object from being controlled by multiple clients simultaneously, Weintek have developed a new feature: Control Token:
With control token enabled, only one cMT Viewer client can acquire the control token at a time, and only the cMT Viewer client that with possession of the control token can operate the object. Other clients can only acquire the token one by one only when the previous possessor of the token leaves or closes the page. The passing of the control token can prevent an object to be controlled by multiple clients simultaneously, and thus ensures system safety.
- A control token can only be acquired by one cMT Viewer client at a time, and a cMT Viewer client can acquire multiple control tokens at a time.
- When a cMT Viewer client acquires a control token, all the objects with the same control token selected can be operated by this cMT Viewer client.
- When no overlay window or common window is used, the order in which control token is acquired depends on the order that cMT Viewer clients open a window. The control token will be passed to the next client only when the possessor of the token leaves the window. When entering a new window, the control token should be reacquired if the same object appears in both the previous and the new window.
- When an overlay window or common window is used, and the same overlay window appears before and after window change, then reacquiring the control token is not necessary.
- When cMT Viewer client is disconnected from the Server, and the connection is recovered within 30 seconds, reacquiring control token is not necessary; however, disconnection longer than 30 seconds will need reacquiring the control token.
Applicable objects include:
- Combo Button
- Direct Window
- Indirect Window
Supported Product: cMT Series HMI
Supported Software Version: EasyBuilder Pro V6.01.01 or later versions