Control Technology’s 2500 Series® PLCs now offer much more than replacements for the Siemens® Simatic® TI505 systems. Control Technology (CTI) have announced the release of their latest addition to the 2500® family – the new 2500-ACP1 Application Co-Processor module. The Co-Processor is designed to work in parallel with the existing Ladder Logic CPU but accesses the systems memory and I/O – usually via an ethernet connection to the main CPU. The high speed module is programmed using CTIs IEC-61131 Workbench software and can be used to offload tasks such as complex mathematical computations, string handling and real-time data logging as well as offering an alternative programming choice for Boolean logic, timing, counting and PID loops.
The module incorporates two 10/100Mb Ethernet ports connected to an internal switch. There is also a serial port supporting RS232 or RS422 communications. Supported protocols include
- “CAMP” for reading and writing to CTI 2500 Series® PLCs or Simatic 505® PLCs equipped with a CTI Ethernet module
- Modbus TCP master or slave
- Network data exchange for sharing data between CTI 2500 Series® processors using 2500P-ECC1 Ethernet Co-Processor modules and 2500P-ACP1 Co-Processor modules
- Modbus RTU master or slave serial communications
- General ASCII send/receive to communicate serially with devices using proprietary protocols.
The Workbench software supports any of the 5 IEC61131 languages:
- Ladder Diagram (LD)
- Function Block Diagram (FBD)
- Structured Text (ST)
- Instruction List (IL)
- Sequential Function Chart (SFC)
The module also incorporates an SD memory card used for storing the module’s configuration, the executable program, the program source files and user data files allowing the complete configuration to be moved to another module simply by swapping the SD card. The SD card can also be used for logging real-time data with time stamping which can be accessed remotely using FTP. Contact [email protected] for more information and pricing.