Supporting Modbus TCP/IP and EtherNet/IP industrial Ethernet protocols, iR-ETN40R is an expandable Ethernet remote I/O module with 24 digital input points (including 4 high-speed) and 16 relay output points. It provides various unique features to support highly efficient and cost-effective implementation of modern automated control systems.
– Compact all-in-one design
iR-ETN40R provides built-in support for MODBUS TCP/IP Server and EtherNet/IP Adapter protocols and comes with 24 digital inputs and 16 relay outputs. In addition to the built-in I/O, the expandable design makes it possible to add additional iR Series digital, analog I/O, temperature modules, or pulse modules as required. The I/O Terminal blocks connectors are of the push-in type, which greatly simplify installation and wiring.
– iR-ETN40R offers 4 high-speed inputs for high-speed applications. The high-speed inputs can be configured for high-speed counter use (20 kHz, up to 4), or for A/B phase encoder use (10 kHz, up to 2 sets), depending on the application.
– Emergency Stop
iR-ETN40R allows the designation of an input for emergency stop purpose. When the particular input receives a signal, all outputs are stopped immediately. A typical use case would be a safety measure, by associating an emergency stop button with the designated input so that all outputs can be deactivated at once upon pressing of the emergency stop button.
– Pulse Capture
Pulse capture feature ensures that a high-speed pulse signal shorter than one scan cycle is held until the next scan cycle so that no pulse is missed.
– Quick generation of description files
EasyRemoteIO software is used to connect to iR-ETN40R and then generate the description file needed for I/O configuration. These files can then be imported by other software to complete configuration with minimal effort. EasyRemoteIO can generate the following files:
(1) EasyBuilder Pro Tag File: for EasyBuilder Pro for programming Weintek HMI.
(2) PLCopen XML: for CODESYS.
(3) EDS File: for EtherNet/IP Scanner devices.