There are 7.6 million people of working age in the UK who have a disability or an ability changing health condition, Lamonde Automation are tapping into this rich talent pool as a Disability Confident employer.
By becoming a Disability Confident employer, we are helping to promote a positive attitude towards disability by creating more equality in the workplace as well as widening opportunities for both us and individuals by removing barriers.
We achieve this by:
- Ensuring our sure our application processes are fair and accessible
- Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- Making reasonable adjustments to the work environment and working practices meet the needs of employees or potential employees
- Offering work experience placements wherever possible
- Working with outside organisations such as Job Centre Plus and local Colleges
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
There are 3 levels of Disability Confident employer, we are at the first, “Disability Confident Committed”, the following are “Disability Confident Employer (level 2)” and finally “Disability Confident Leader (level 3)”. We aim, ultimately, to reach level 3.
You can find out how your company or organisation can become Disability Confident via this link: